I think your kids are as picky eaters as mine. Every now and then, I try to turn them to take healthy nutritious food and I get the following answers:
vegetables are yucky, candies are not junk food, I don't like the flavor, and many more...
But as parents, we have to do what we have to do. While growing up, I had one ultimatum from my mother and everything is clean from the plate. Alas...Try doing it with today's generation and you will soon find yourself fighting a losing battle. We finally decided to be a bit creative on how we adapt our kids to eat without getting into a mouth-off situation. From a few of our creations, I would like to suggest incorporating Moringa into your daily diet by adding it to your everyday Roti. Here's how to convert your regular roti to superfood roti:
Moringa is a plant that has many health benefits for growing kids. It is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Moringa can help boost immunity, improve digestion, prevent infections, and support brain development. Moringa is a natural and nutritious food for growing kids.
Moringa chapati is a nutritious and delicious flatbread made with whole wheat flour and moringa powder. To make moringa chapati, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 25 gms of moringa powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil or ghee for cooking
To prepare the dough, follow these steps:
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, moringa powder, and salt together.
- Gradually add water and knead the mixture into a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
To make the chapatis, follow these steps:
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls and roll them out into thin circles on a floured surface.
- Heat a tawa or a flat pan over a medium-high flame and place a chapati on it.
- Cook for a few seconds until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip it over and cook for another few seconds.
- Apply some oil or ghee on both sides of the chapati and press lightly with a spatula to make it puff up.
- Transfer the chapati to a plate and repeat with the remaining dough balls.
Enjoy your moringa chapati with any curry, dal, or yogurt of your choice.